Friday, June 12, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

I'm feeling under the weather at the mo, so I'm going to make this a quickie.

This week was interesting as far as make-up's concerned. I had a few bold and bright 'experiments' using the 88-colour palette , but the make-up I'm going to feature this week is from a drugstore palette that I've had for ages. I pulled out my Revlon Colorstay 12-hour shadow quad in Nude Elements. If you expect nude colours from this quad, you'll be gravely disappointed. These are very pigmented and quite shimmery. I don't use the white highlight colour as it looks way too stark for my liking.


Revlon ColorStay 12-hour shadow quad in Nude Elements

I simply love that bottom colour - charcoal with blue undertones. It's such a unique shade and it makes the whole look a little bit more intense. Of course you can skip using this colour if you really want to go neutral, but this time, instead of using it in my crease and outer-v, I used it as a liner. I absolutely loved the look!! I totally *adore* the Revlon quads, they are so reliable, beautiful and easy to use.


Face
Primer: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-gel.
Foundation: Sasa HD Perfect Foundation; Maybelline Expert Finishing Loose Powder in Sand to set.


Cheeks
Blush: NYX Powder Blush in Taupe to contour; ELF Healthy Bronzing Powder in Sunkissed on apples.
Bronzer: Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze as a light dust all over face to finish.


Eyes
Primer: MAC Prep+Prime Eye in Medium Dark.
Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque as base; Loreal TrueMatch Concealer in N4-5 for undereyes; Revlon Colorstay 12-hour eyeshadow quad: champagne shade(2nd from top) all over lids and highlight, brown taupe(3rd colour) in crease, chracoal shade(bottom) to set pencil liner; MAC Eye Kohl in Phone Number to line.
Brows: The Body Shop Brow&Liner Kit (LE).
Mascara: Loreal HiP Drama Mascara in Ultimate Blue Black.

Lips
Lips: MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam V.

The charcoal shade as a liner still gave some intensity to the whole look and I wore this for a night out with Husband J and some friends. I've always maintained I am not a fan of neutral looks, but this one I really really like. It's not quite so neutral so it's not too boring but yet not too dark and intense either. I've also been using my smudging rubber tip a lot this week. I gave my liquid liners a rest and used my long neglected MAC eye kohls, smudging them makes the whole look a little 'softer'.

I am still not wow-ed by the Sasa HD Perfect Foundation . Everytime I wear it, J will ask, "why you look so shiny?"

Blehh.


OK, I have a headache the size of Montana right now, so I'm going to go and rest. *This is so killing my Mojo.*

Enjoy your weekend.

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: