Friday, June 26, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

*MJ, RIP 1958-2009. Thank you for the music.*

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

This week, I pulled out my long-abandoned loose pigments. I was learning how to apply them and was getting the hang of it, when my love for colourful palettes got me side-tracked, and the pigments were left pretty much untouched.

Yes, they are a tad bit messy to deal with, but regular eyeshadow can't rival the colour pay-off of loose pigments, especially when applied wet (foiling). I played with MAC loose pigments and enjoyed them but I find them (even for me!) too "loud" for day-to-day make-up. The NYX Pearl Mania pigments are just as colourful, but I found out that they are quite work-appropriate when applied dry.


NYX Pearl Mania (L-R): Pearl. Lime. Turquoise.

I loved the combination of green and blue, they just instantly open up my eyes! NYX's Lime and Turquoise pigments are so beautiful together! They look bright in the jar
but applied dry, they are quite sheer. But not too sheer to irritate me though! The pigmentation is just right, and having these colours on in broad daylight, didn't scare anyone when I was out doing my thing.

Whilst some folks swear by loose pigments, I personally still prefer the fuss-free of an eyeshadow palette. Especially in the morning, when your in a rush, trying to pat pigments on the lids is a massive pain in the bum bum! Plus, imagine accidentally knocking them over .... Owwhh!!

But if you are curious about loose pigments, I still encourage you to try them. They are quite fun to play with!!


Face
Face primer: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder gel.
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Active Light Makeup in Natural Beige
.
Powder: Everyday Minerals in Medium Beige Neutral Original Glo, to set.

Cheeks
Bronzer: Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze to highlight.
Blush: CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Golden Pink to contour; Pretty Peach on apples; Wet n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder in Spotlight Peach as light dusting all over to finish.


Eyes
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Yuck! I should really toss this out!).
Eyes: NYX Concealer in a Jar in Beige for undereyes; NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lemon as base; NYX Pearl Mania in Lime on lids, Turquoise in crease, Pearl as highlight; Prestige Liquid Liner in Black Brown on upper lashlines; Silkygirl long-lasting eyeliner pencil in Brown on lower lashlines; MAC Eye Kohl in Ebony to tightline.
Mascara: Rimmel Glam Eyes in Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Lips
Lips: Wet n' Wild #666 Brandy Wine; Lancome Juicy Tubes in Violette.

Did I mention how much I dislike UDPP? The bottle is just sitting there in my drawer taking up space which was why I used it for this make-up. I'm a bit bummed that I paid quite a bit for this. It clumped on me, and dried my lids out! Not cool! I still have some left in that impractical fancy bottle, but it is getting more and more difficult to dig the gunk out. I'm not sure if I should decant it, or just toss it out.

I really liked this look, but I'm afraid it'll be a while before I touch my loose pigments again!!



Anyhoo, hope you had a good week, and enjoy your weekend!

xoxo,

puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: