Friday, June 19, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

There's nothing I like more than multi-tasking products. I've thoroughly enjoyed using Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder as a face highlighter, blusher, bronzer and as an eyeshadow palette. It's a staple in my makeup routine!

Looking suspiciously similar to Bobby Brown's shimmer bricks (minus the oh-so-boring shades) are among others, Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips and Milani Glimmer Stripes. The difference? Nothing much, except that Milani is a little hard to find!! And don't we all love hard-to-find-products!! It's like winning the lottery when you finally have it in your hands!! Besides that, the Milani Glimmer Stripes I own is in a bright pink/berry colour, which sets it apart from its high end cousins, and other shimmer brick wannabes.

Milani Glimmer Stripes in Berry Glimmer

I've managed to find this beautiful product from Nonpareilboutique.com. It comes in other colours too, bronze, gold, peach, brown - the regular shades, Berry Glimmer stood out and (naturally!) caught my eye. I used this versatile piece of make-up as a blusher/highlighter, and as eyeshadow. This is a little more shimmery than Wet n' Wild MegaGlo, so I had to be lighthanded. The shades are easy to blend, smooth and quite pigmented. I liked the outcome! The shimmers aren't chunky, but using too much can make me look like I'm trying too hard, y'know?


Face
Face Primer: Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer.
Foundation: Revlon ColorStay with SoftFlex in 310 Warm Golden. *love*
Powder: NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent to set.

Cheeks
Bronzer: Milani Sunset Duo in Sunset Beach (bronzer side) to contour.
Blush: Milani Glimmer Stripes in Berry Glimmer to highlight.

Eyes
Undereye concealer: Loreal True Match Super-blendable concealer in W6-7-8.
Eye Primer: ELF Studio Eye Primer and Line Sealer.

Eyes: ELF Shimmering Whip Facial in Pink Lemonade as base; Milani Glimmer Stripes in Berry Glimmer - white shade (top) inner corner of eyes, brow peak, light pink (2nd from top) as highlight, bright pink (middle) all over eyelids, brick red (2nd from bottom) to define crease, outer-v and to line lower lash line, fuchsia pink (bottom) as wash on top on crease. *You get a nice gradient of pinks and reds from lids to brow bone*; Loreal HiP Color Truth Creme Liner in Black; jane Be Pure Mineral Gliding Eyeliner in Black to tightline, CoverGirl LashBlast mascara in Very Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.

Lips
Lips: Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Eternal Blossom.

I quite like Revlon's Mineral Lipgalzes. They're not too sticky, but yet very pigmented and long lasting. I just don't like the "sweet" scent attached to it. Too sickly sweet. And don't get me started on the colour choices available in Malaysia... *sigh*

I wish Revlon would bring in ALL colours, instead of just a select few.

*whinge* whinge* whinge*


OK, I stop whinging now. ;)



Enjoy your weekend!!


xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: