Monday, June 29, 2009

Beauty Binge:Paw-stamped and approved! June faves

Since I have such a *huge* makeup collection, I thought it would be great, at every end of the month, to list down 5 things I enjoyed using in that month. I get new products at least once a month, so some are new, some are old stuff tucked away which I have re-discovered. Enjoy!

This month, I've re-discovered many "old" goodies that I've always loved but have been pushed aside in order for me to try out and review the newer stuff. Only one item is a new favourite this month. The other 4 have alawys been firm favourites.

Here are my gems for this month:

1. SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser

A clean face is essential for healthy skin, and although I *love* makeup, I love a clean face more. I've always been very particular about my skin; I've never slept with makeup on, even during those crazy days of stumbling home at 7am from some wild party. I've used this awesome stuff for over 5 years now, and have never been so attached to my facial cleanser like I am to this one. It comes in a squeeze tube, comes out creamy, turns foamy when emulsified with water. It doesn't dry out my skin, even during days when my skin is parched dry and flaking, this cleanser didn't make my face feel tight like other foamy cleansers do. There's a slight fragrance, very pleasant and clean, and doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, I really love the soft scent! This is my HG cleanser, and after years of trying and searching, I may have found my perfect cleanser. It cleans thoroughly and this makes me sleep at night without the worry of dirt and clogged pores on my face. This retails for RM150, for 120g, and comes only in one size.

2. Loew-Cornell Maxine's Mop Art Brushes

Art brushes on your face?? Why not! They work like a charm! Lowe-Cornell art brushes are all the rave with beauty gurus and bloggers from around the globe who are constantly finding the perfect dupe for MAC brushes. Whilst MAC is the undisputed King, these LC Maxine's Mop Art Brushes come a very close second, in my eyes. I have a few variety, but these two have been getting the most use from me. The LC Maxine's Mop 3/8 is almost identical to the legendary MAC 239 shader brush. Both have the same cut, same density and both are made from goat hair. They could almost be twins except that the LC brush is slightly longer. It's a flat shader brush that packs on the colours on your lids effortlessly. It's a little stiff though so I wouldn't recommend this for blending. The smaller one is the Maxine's Mop 1/4, great for use in the inner corners of the eye. I also love using this to draw a thin line of shadow on my lower lashlines. Both are less than RM15 each (sorry, can't remember exact price) and can be found at Craft Haven, 1U new wing, Bandar Utama.

3. Synthetic Angled Blush Brush

This claimed to be from the same manufacturers of those awesome Everyday Minerals (EDM) brushes. It sure looks the same, and the brush is oh-so-soft, just like EDM brushes. I really enjoy using this brush especially for contouring, but I also use this to apply blush on my apples. The handle is made from bamboo, and this is an all-round environmentally-friendly product which always wins in my book. I got this for RM30 (excluding postage) and you can find this from Malaysia's Lowyat.net.

4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation with Softlex
What more can I say about this drugstore gem that hasn't already been said?? I've been using this foundation for so long. I have strayed and tried other brands but keep coming back to this one. I love the texture, the finish look, the coverage ... I have yet to come across any foundation that has won my heart like this baby. And it does stay on from morning to evening without fading, oxidation (not much!), with pretty good oil-control. My only gripe is the colour choices in Malaysia are rather poor. I wear in Warm Golden as this was my closest shade, but I know they have better matches for me. So in my next online spree, this is in my list. It retails for RM55 (I think!) and widely available at Watson's and Guardian pharmacies, and anywhere you can find Revlon products.

5. CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach

I simply love CoverGirl Cheekers Blushers. They are all so pigmented and so smooth. This blush wasn't love at first sight. I thought it was too pale and not peachy enough. Then I wore it. Whoa mama! This baby gives me a nice flush of peach with pink undertones, making me look so darn radiant! It's not shimmery, which I like, and a little goes a long way. CG Cheekers hardly ever disappoint me, and I've been reaching for this blush more lately.

June faves!

Thanks for reading my blog! Have a good one!


xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: