Monday, May 11, 2009

Beauty Binge: Hello Revlon shadow quads!

I don't know how many times I have passed by the Revlon counters at Guardian and Watson's, and didn't bat an eye at the products. The brand is so unexciting and boring as bat sh!t. The colours were dull, and very 'auntie' looking. I remember the one time I got excited over Revlon was when they just launched this brand new lipstick called "ColorStay" - the lippies were so bright and wonderful, stayed on your lips for hours without fading and feathering. Wow! I think I must've bought at least 5 colours!! That was waaaay back in the mid-90's. When I got back to Malaysia, those ColorStay lippies were launched here, and I soon found out that they were drying as hell. My excitement died as quickly as it started. And I never looked at Revlon again.

They tried to re-vamp their brand and signed up Halle Berry as their spokesperson. My Gawd that woman is gorgeous!! But I was still not interested. When they roped in the young-ish Jessica Alba to 'young-fied' the brand image, I scoffed a little.

What really drew me to Revlon was YouTube. I have to give credit to one of my favourite YT Beauty Gurus, Valeree a.k.a Makeupvideosandmore . Her channel helped me make sense of what eyeshadow application is all about, because her techniques were so simple. In her earlier tutorials, she would use drugstore palettes and more often than not were Revlon's 12-hour shadow quads. That made me take a look at the brand again, especially those eyeshadow quads. My Gawd, they look so blah in the pan, but when you put them on, whoa. How can something so dull look this good??

*image from ulta.com*

I've enjoyed using these quads ever since. From one quad, now I have amassed 11!! Tee hee! No, I didn't get all the colours, but some shades are not sold locally, which I bought whilst in transit at Bangkok International!! I was like one mad tourist, carrying a bunch of Revlon quads to the counter!! (And they're cheaper too in Bangkok!!)


Anyhoo.


I like that these quads have beautiful coordinating colours, they apply smoothly and are very easy to blend. They are not chalky, there's a mix of matte and pearly shades, they are pigmented and they really do last a long time (don't know about the 12-hour claim, but they last). All I need to do my eyes are in one palette, and I *love* that! They come in a variety of shades so it's hard for me to pick a favourite. They're easy to use if you decide to go with whatever colour you want to go with that day. They are my go-to palettes on days when I am in a hurry or not in the mood to be creative using different shades from different sources.

*image from revlon.com*

I am so glad I gave these bad boys a second chance!!



Have an awesome week!!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: