Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beauty Binge:Paw-stamped & approved! May faves.

Since I have such a *huge* make-up collection, I thought it would be great, at every end of the month, to list down 5 things I enjoyed using in that month. I get new products at least once a month, so some are new, some are old stuff tucked away which I have re-discovered. Enjoy!

Time really flies! Can you believe it's the end of May already?? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this being 2009!! Sheesh! Here are 5 products that rocked my month of May! In no particular order:

1. ELF Studio Eyeliner & Studio Stick

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get this product because the idea of a eyeliner on one end and a shadow stick on the other seemed so unexciting. But it was only for $3, so I thought, what the heck. I've liked what I have so far from the regular ELF and their more sleek-looking Studio line, and ... Hel-lo!! I have this in green/moss and I *loved* it!! The shadow stick melted and broke when I got it - I had to stick it back in. Problem fixed. This is such a great product!! I use the shadow stick on my lids, blend it out, and line with the liner. The shadow is smudge-proof, but the liner isn't. No biggie, you can always set the liner with a powder shadow. I use this on my super-duper lazy days, and I can still manage to look a bit more polished! Planning to get more ... too bad the colour selection is quite poor.


2. Femme Couture Liquid Eyeliner
I've discovered after collecting and trying different types of eyeliners, that I am a liquid liner kinda gal. I thought I've found my love in Prestige Cosmetics liquid liners, but an online spree for Sallybeauty.com opened the opportunity for me to try this liner. It's such a great product that I don't understand why it's so under the beauty radar. It's very easy to use, one swipe and your done. No kidding! You don't need to go back to the pot for more product - the brush carries you from inner to outer eyelid effortlessly. It's smooth and silky, and oh-so-freakin' black!! I've never had a liner this black!! I am so impressed, I'm lemming for the brown one too!! This is for $4.99 from Sallybeauty.com. Too bad it only comes in brown and black.

3. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-gel
I was very reluctant to get this despite the raves of an excellent face primer. But really ... why would anyone want to put chafing gel on their faces?? After a disappointing performance from Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer, I decided to grit my teeth and get this. Lo and behold!! This product is not over-hyped - it's all true! My face is silky and matte, and my foundation glides on, stays matte with hardly much mid-day shine! Amazing stuff!!

4. Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder
This has fast become a staple in my make-up routine. I don't find it to be that shimmery like a lot of claims, but you can get greasy if you go over-board. Like any product, it's always smarter to go lighter than build it up slowly. I love this stuff! I use it as a highlighter and more often as a finishing powder lightly dusted all over my face. Gives me a nice hint of glow with colour and makes my whole look 'come together' and warmer. I've also used this as a eye shadow palette. Very recession-friendly for an all-in-one palette!

5. ELF Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer.I haven't a clue on how to use the liner sealer side so that remains untouched, but the eye primer is quite nice. Granted, it's not as outstanding as my Loreal Decrease or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I haven't use this for long days though, only on days when I know I'll be out and about for a couple of hours. It dries quickly to a matte finish, shadows go on smooth and true to their colours - pretty much what other eye primers do. But I don't think the staying power is as great as the other ones, but for $3, it does a pretty decent job. Me like!

Paw-stamped and approved for May!

Have a great day!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: