Friday, May 29, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

Out of all the regular eyeshadow colours : browns, purples, blues, blacks; I had such a hard time blending green on me. Greens are said to look great with hazel and brown eyes, but I honestly don't really but into that. I think any colour suits any skin tone and any eye colour as long as you blend the colours well.

I have avoided using greens because I could never seemed to get it right. I either over-blend and make it look muddy, or under-blend and make it look ... scary!! LOL. I can blend dark smokey looks, but can't work with simple greens. So this week, I've decided to give the greens a go again. Usually, when I need to experiment and learn, I'll reach for an easy and cheap palette. I love palettes!! All the colours you need are already there so it takes the guess work out of coordinating the shades. An easy palette for me is a trio: you get a highlighter, lid colour and a crease/liner colour. When I learn and experiment, I go back to the basics, and avoid layering colours. In this case, I took out my trusty cheapo brand Wet n' Wild MegaEyes Trio in Amazon Greens.

Wet n' Wild MegaEyes in Amazon Greens

The top colour is actually brighter in person - it's a lime green colour and I couldn't imagine using that as my highlight, so I took out my
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Single in Champagne, a light shimmery beige colour with gold undertones. It's one of my favourite highlight shades. So for this "green experiment" I had to layer colours, as I wanted to use all three shades in the palette.

I like how this green look turned out. This palette is so easy to use and so easy to blend that it was almost effortless!! Yay! I can blend greens now!!

Here's what I used this week for my tryout with greens:

Face
Foundation: Revlon ColorStay Active Light Makeup in Natural Beige.
Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark (to set).


Cheeks
Blush: NYX Powder Blush in Taupe to contour; NYX Creme Rouge in Orange on apples; MAC Blush in Foolish Me on top of creme blush; Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Spotlight Peach to highlight and as light dusting all over face to finish.

Eyes
Undereye concealer: Loreal Touche Magique (d/c); EDM Abbot's Perk Me Up to set concealer.
Eyes:ELF Studio eye primer; Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Moonlit Jewels (green colour) as base; Wet n' Wild MegaEyes in Amazon Greens - lime green (top) on lids, olive (bottom) in crease blending out, dark green (middle) outer 'v'; CG Eye Enhancers Single in Champagne to highlight; ELF Studio eyeliner & shadow stick in green/moss (just the eyeliner) to line lower lashline; Jordana Kajal Kohl pencil in Onyx to line upper lashline and to tightline.
Mascara: CG Volume Exact in Very Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Lips
Lips: Revlon Shiny Sheers in Peachy Sheen.

Jeez! Those Wet n' Wild MegaEyes trios are so easy to use! Try to look past the cheap and ugly packaging, this product delivers like a rock star!! They are only for $2.99 and you can find them at drugstore.com. Can't say it enough: Great Buy!



Thanks for poppin' by!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: