Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

I couldn't resist, I just have to add another entry. Initially, I had decided to skip Make-up of the Week this week, because I wanted to feature my weekend make-up stuff, but today, I have managed to make an intimidating colour work, and I have to share it with you!

I can't say enough times how much I heart colours. So naturally, I am always attracted to colourful palettes, even more so unconventional ones. I have been back-and-forth about the NYX Trio in Beanie-Red Bronze-Red Bean. The Red Bronze is such a fierce colour, I wasn't sure how to make it work. Reds, pinks and purples are some of the toughest colours to work with. Do it wrongly, you can end up looking like you've been crying. Red especially, is such an unconventional colour! Imagine red eye lids!

I finally decided to get my paws on this trio, and take up the challenge of making that red shade work on me. Blending Red Bronze with the other two colours made it turn out almost purplish! The red was so toned down that the end result was quite stunning! I was super-impressed! I did it! I made it work!! Boo-ya!!

NYX Trio: Beanie. Red Bronze. Red Bean

I also tried on Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as a face primer. I've heard many good things about this as a primer, as it has the same ingredients as your regular face primer. It took a while to get me convinced, but when I finally got it, I wanted to kick myself for not getting it earlier! This stuff rocks!! I reckon anything over this stuff looks good!! My foundation glides on my skin, with almost no oxidation! Almost. My skin has a mind of its own - it did oxidise a tiny bit, but nothing too obvious! Plus, great oil-control! ! Yaay! No mid-day shine!!

And no, this gel is not to treat yeast infection... So you don't have to worry about putting something for down-there, up-here, you know what I mean?!

Here's a rundown of the stuff I had on for today's make-up:


Face
Primer: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel.
Concealer: ELF All-over Cover Stick in Light.
Foundation: ELF All-over Cover Stick in Fair, Light & Medium.
Powder: N.Y.C Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent.


Cheeks
Bronzer: Loreal Glam Bronze in Caribbean Sun (lightly all over); Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze (highlight); Wet n' Wild MegaGlow Illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze (lightly all over as a finish).
Blush: ELF Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (the brown shade in the duo) to contour; ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow on apples.


Eyes
Eye shadow primer: ELF Studio Eye Primer & Line Sealer (used the primer side)
Eye shadows: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt as base; NYX Trio: Beanie (lids), Red Bronze (define crease and outer 'V' smoking it outwards blending with Red Bean),
Red Bean( as a wash in crease blending outward. The combo toned down the redness and made it more purplish!); NYX single shadow in Cream Cheese (highlight).
Eye liner: Femme Couture Liquid Liner in Black (upper lids); SilkyGirl Long-wearing liner in brown (lower lids).
Mascara: Loreal HiP Drama Mascara in Ultimate Blue-Black.

Lips
Lips: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude; NYX round gloss in Peach.


I also tried on Femme Couture Liquid Eye Liner in Black for the first time. Dang! This stuff is awesome! It glides on my lids effortlessly, from inner eye to outer eye without having to dip for more product, and it is so freakin' black! I don't think I have ever seen a liquid liner this black!!

Femme Couture Liquid Eye Liner in Black is available at Sally Beauty Supply stores or sallybeauty.com for less than 6 bucks!

Make-up wise, today turned out to be a real winner! What a way to wrap up the week.

*smile*

Thanks for stopping by!!


xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: