Friday, May 1, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make Up of the Week.

I love smokey eyes as much as the next person, but wearing that look during the day is a little too dark and too intense. I also love colours
; I think more women should wear colours beyond browns, and wear smokey beyond blacks. I enjoy coloured smokeys so this week, I took out my cheap Sally Girl single eye shadows and used them to get a plum smokey look to wear during the day.

Sally Girl single shadows retail for $0.99 at Sally Beauty Supply stores. They have pretty good colour payoff, though not as bright and intense as NYX shadows or HiP shadows, they work great if you need something li
ghter for school, work or for day wear in general. I like that they are not too shimmery, not totally matte, and not chalky. I have wrinkly lids with obvious fine lines from years of tugging, pulling and scratching from allergies, so my favourite kind of shadow are those with a pearly sheen, and these are exactly that! I also incorporated my Loreal HiP duo in Cheeky, which has a pink-rose shimmer shade on one side and a plum shimmer on the other half. The Sally Girl singles have grooves on the side so you can connect to another Sally single and create your own duo/trio/quad etc. I also got use out of my Coastal Scents (CS) gel liner as this particular one sucked as a liner, plus it looked like it has already dried up a little. So I used my little pinky to get some product out to use as a coloured eye shadow base, since the Sally Girl singles are quite sheer.

This week's look was inspired by one of my favourite YouTube Beauty Gurus, it's not too intense but still gave an interesting twist to the traditional smokey look, and great for day wear I think. Pl
us, it has all the colours I love: plums, purples and mauves!

Here's what I used:



Face
Face primer: Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer
Concealer: Loreal True Match Concealer in W-1-2-3
Foundation: MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation in NC40


Eyes
Eye primer: Loreal Decrease
Eyes:
CS gel liner in Grapevine as eye shadow base; Sally Girl singles in Coral (highlight) , Lilac (lids); Eggplant (wash in crease); Loreal HiP Duo in Cheeky (plum side on outer 'V' - smoke out, pink-rose side as a wash over the plum colours in crease to 'soften' the whole look. You get a nice gradient of colours from plums fading into the rose colour).
Mascara: Maybelline Define-a-lash in Very Black
Eyeliners: Revlon ColorStay pencil in Blackberry to line upper lids; SilkyGirl Long Wearing auto pencil in Brown to line lower lids.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Cheeks
Bronzer: Loreal Glam Bronze in Caribbean Sun lightly all over face; Wet n Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze to highlight; Wet n Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Spotlight Peach all over face as a finish.
Blusher: The Body Shop Blush in Spice to contour; Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum on apples of cheeks.


Lips
Lips: Estee Lauder lip liner in Spice; Rimmel Shock Gloss.

Now, who said smokey eyes is only for night time??


Thanks for dropping in! Have a great weekend!!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: