Friday, May 22, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

I can't believe out of all the looks I had on this week, I actually liked the "natural" look best! I generally can't stand natural/neutral make-up - it's so boring! What I normally do if I do reach for the neutral colours or palettes is I'd amp it up with a colour
ed eyeliner, pencil or liquid on my upper lash lines and keep my lower lash lines pretty much bare. This is a great way of making your neutral make-up look less boring and a little more interesting. If you do use coloured liners, best you line only one part - upper lash line or lower, as colouring both may make you look like an ... ummm ... 'over-decorated christmas tree', 'know what I mean?

I love Silky Girl Funky Eyelights pencils. They come in a variety of fun colours and are budge-proof! CoastalScents has a bunch of unconventional coloured gel liners you can try, if gel liners are your thing. I'm more into liquids so I have a bunch of awesome colours from Wet n' Wild and Prestige.

This time, I took out my
Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands. This palette has been in the market for as long as I can remember. The colours are very shimmery and quite pale, which hardly showed up on my MAC NC40-42 skin. The lightest colour was too frosty for my liking as an all-over lid colour , so I kept it as a highlight colour. The other 2 shades were a little better and gave me a nice hint of colours.

CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Sands

I have something similar to this in
Revlon Colorstay quad. "In the Buff" (this shade is not available in Malaysia :( ) has pretty much the same shades minus the over-the-top shimmers, and I think I like that better for barely-there make-up. If you have lighter skin tone, these shades might come off better on you. I like using a matte white base to bring the colours out and in this case, I reached for my CS gel liner in Silk White. The colours came out brighter. That's another trick I learned if you find your colours are not coming off as well on you - use a matte white base.

I like Cover Girl - their shadows are very pigmented and very blendable. The packaging's a little cheap though, but I'm not one bothered much with packaging. It's the product inside that matters.

I also used
Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer. I have a sample and have been curious about this primer. It broke me out, 'nuff said. I am sticking to my Monistat Chafing relief Powder-Gel as primer. Plus, it's cheaper! Smashbox felt a little too 'slippery' on my skin. So this is taken outta my list, thank you very much! (Thank Gawd for samples!)

Here are the products I used for this week's natural/neutral make-up:

Face
Face primer: Smashbox Photo Finsih Foundation Primer (sample size)
Foundation: Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation in WO2 Natural Buff
Loose Powder: Milani Loose Powder in Medium to set.


Eyes
Primer: ELF Studio eye primer.
Eyes: ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in Light; CS gel liner in Silk White as base; CG Trio in Shimmering sands: light pink(far right) for highlight, brown(middle) for lids, dark brown(far left) for crease; Wet n' Wild MegaLiner liquid liner in Blue to line upper lash line, SilkyGirl Long-wearing Eyeliner in Black Brown on 1/3 outer lower lash line; Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner in Black to tightline; Avon Daring Curves mascara in Black; Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Cheeks
Bronzer: Milani Sunset Duos in Sunset Beach (the bronzer part only) light dusting all over face.
Blush: CG Cheekers in Golden Pink to contour; The Body Shop Sun Lustre Bronzer in Bronze Gleam (LE) on apples.



Lips
Lips: ELF Mineral Lipstick in Barely Bitten.

I've completely forgotten of the 2 ELF Mineral lippies I have! I generally don't like lipsticks, maybe that's why. The ELF Mineral lipsticks don't feel like lipsticks though, they feel more like lipbalms - very light on the lips. This colour didn't come off as bright, but I figured with neutral eyes with a bit of blue eyeliner, I can get away with red lips, and the look turned out nicely balanced. WOOT!


Have a great weekend, y'all!

xoxo,

puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: