Friday, May 15, 2009

Beauty Binge:Make Up of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Make-Up of the Week.

One of my many favourite looks is coloured smokey, and for some reason, I always end up doing some kind of plum or pink smokey - they're less intense and I love those colours!!

I took out an old quad from Lancome. It was a gift-with purchase quad, where the label has fallen off so I couldn't tell you the name of the quad or even the colours, but like with every palette, I try to utilize all the colours given. This is a relatively easy quad to use as it doesn't take much layering
. It's pretty straight forward.

Lancome

One thing I like about high-end brand eye shadows is the texture is so 'buttery'! This eye shadow quad applied smoothly, without over-doing the shimmer (which I like - too much shimmer ages me!), and it was very, very easy to blend. But like most high-end brand eye shadows (excluding MAC), the colours are too 'safe' and quite blah for my liking. I like bright colours, and it's tough trying to find a high-end brand that delivers bright, bold colours. Except for MAC.

I also used my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation with Fix + for the face, and I like this combo. Some products just suck on their own! For a long time, I hardly ever touched my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Until I used it together with MAC Fix +, then it's (almost) a match made in heaven! I also found out for my MAC NC 40-42 skin, NYX Concealer in a Jar in Medium works much better to cover my dark circles. I have one in Beige, that works OK too, but Medium's right up my alley! I don't normally fancy cream concealers. They settle into fine lines and make the under eyes drier that it already is. NYX Concealer in a Jar is no exception, but when I wore it this week, it didn't cake on me.

Here's a rundown of the products I used for my light pink smokey this week:


Face
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC 35 with Fix +.
Concealer: NYX Concealer in a Jar in Medium.


Cheeks
Cheeks: Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze to highlight; CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Golden Pink to contour; Loreal Blush Delice in Rosy Cheeks on apples; Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Spotlight Peach as all over colour to finish.

Eyes
Eye primer: MAC Paint Pot in Girl Friday
Eyes: Lancome quad: light purple (bottom right) on lids, pink (top left) in crease blending upwards a little, black (bottom left) outer 'V' gently smoke out, white (top left) highlight; ELF Liquid Eyeliner in Plum to line upper lash line - I left the bottom lash line bare.
Mascara: Cover Girl LashBlast in Very Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Lips
Lips: Rimmel Rich Moisture Lipstick in 279 Smooch; Palladio plump n' shine in Creamy Pink.

Here are another 2 products that sucked on their own (on me at least!) but are so great together. Rimmel Rich Moisture Lipstick in Smooch is a nude peachy-pink lipstick that washed me out as I have pigmented lips. I was so devastated because I have been looking high and low for this shade, and found it on eBay. I think the Rich Moisture lippies are discontinued and Smooch is almost impossible to find. Palladio plump n shine lipgloss in creamy pink also looked horrendous on me on its own! It's a nice lipgloss with peachy undertones, and it tingles when you put it on. It has a brush tip applicator, which I like and these two together gave me a subtle nude peach look. Very nice!

You can find Palladio glosses on sallybeauty.com or ulta.com.


Have an awesome weekend!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: