Friday, July 3, 2009

Beauty Binge:Makeup of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Makeup of the Week.

I am currently on a wild mineral makeup kick, so this week, I've put my "weekend warriors" to good use! Maybe it's also because my skin is a little temperamental this week, so as to not aggravate it, I use my minerals.

I've not had much luck with mineral makeup. I almost always get oily!! It doesn't matter whether I had on face primer, or dust mineral veil prior, even go with a very light moisturiser, I just get oily with minerals. And I oxidise like a mutha soon after!! It's exasperating, but I so *love* mineral makeup! I've just put in a pretty big order with Everyday Minerals because I just can't get enough of the blushes and bases!


My favourite look this week was with my beloved Loreal HiP duo shadows. I love these guys!! Both colours in this duo are very pigmented and insanely bright, so I had to use a lighthand.

Loreal HiP Duo in Forgiving

Even so, the colours came out quite intense. That teal blue colour is to die for!!

Face
Face Primer: EDM Start to Finish Sunlight Kaolin finishing powder.
Concealer: MAC Select MoistureCover in NC35; EDM Abbot's Perk Me Up to set.
Foundation: EDM Light Olive in intensive applied with MAC Fix+ Spray.
Powder: EDM Start to Finish Soft Bronze Rice finishing powder to set.

Cheeks
Blush: EDM Blush in Opening Day to contour; Bare Minerals Clear Radiance to highlight.

Eyes
Eye Primer: Loreal De-crease.
Eyes: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese as base; Loreal HiP Duo in Forgiving - Teal Blue on lids, Brown in outer-v; CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Single in Champagne in inner corner of eyes and to highlight; Prestige Liquid Liner in BlackBrown; SilkyGirl Long-wearing eyeliner in Black Black to tightline; SilkyGirl Long-wearing eyeliner in brown to line lower lashlines; Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Lips
Lips: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude; Jordana Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in Lovely on top.


Have an awesome weekend!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: