I don't know about you, but I love "peaking" into other people's makeup bags; just to see what they carry day-to-day. I am not a touch-up girl, I can go through the day without "powdering my nose" and looking like I just washed my face in oil (OK, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean). It's not a habit of mine to reach for my powder, but I do carry some essentials for that "just in case" moments.
Not too long ago, I'd carry a slew of makeup items - from my MAC SE brushes to MAC Fluidline to MAC NovelTwist shadow palette - and I'd stuff them all in a *huge* makeup pouch tucked nicely in my equally huge carry-on/handbag. There was always something going on last minute back then - meeting with clients, press, fans - I could never go out looking like death although half the time I felt like one!!
These days, I do my makeup at home, do the run-around, get incredibly oily (hard not to in this humidity!), and come home to take it all off. So I hardly touch my makeup bag. But at least the stuff are there, if I do need them.
In my clear MAC makeup bag:
- MAC StudioFix Powder NC40, hit pan with this! (I use Bobbi Brown Travel size Face Brush to apply. Not a big fan of this powder - it's so drying and breaks me out but it's so convenient).
- MAC Lightful Powder Foundation NC42 (Gawd knows why I need two powders in my bag but I do! I use this for face too when I need to break away from StudioFix, but I normally use this with Ecotools' concealer brush to pat powder under my eyes to stop eyeliner from sliding and smudging).
- Loreal Touche Magique concealer.
- jane BePure Mineral Gliding eyeliner.
- MajolicaMajorca Lash Gorgeous Wing mascara (sorry MJ fans, but I so dislike their mascaras!)
-The BodyShop lipbalms.
- Travel mirror.
- MAC Tendertone Lipbalm in Honey Bare (I use this a lot!)
- Shiseido eyelash curler (I like this better than Shu. I use this often too, most times in the car when I'm stuck in traffic! LOL!)
When I'm running to an event, I add on:
-Loreal Blush Delice (any one of the three colours, depending on my mood).
- Revlon Mineral Lipglaze in Forever Fig or MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam V (both last long with bronzy neutral colours).
Can I stickybeak into your makeup bag too?
Enjoy your day!