Friday, July 31, 2009

Beauty Binge:Paw-stamped and approved! July faves.

Since I have such a *huge* makeup collection, I thought it would be great, at every end of the month, to list down 5 things I enjoyed using in that month. I get new products at least once a month, so some are new, some are old stuff tucked away which I have re-discovered. Enjoy!

My skin was a little too temperamental this month, so at times like these, I turn to my mineral makeup. I *love* mineral makeup, although it doesn't quite work on me. Whatever the coverage or formula, it makes me oily. So this month, I used my minerals a little bit more than usual (my minerals are usually for the weekends). I am also happy that July is over and done with. There were too many deaths of people I know this month, so I am happy to leave July behind.

Here you go, my July faves, in no particular order:


1. Essence of Beauty (fine) crease brush.
This is part of a duo, exclusively sold in CVS Pharmacy. Out of the two, I've thoroughly enjoyed using this one more. It's a pencil brush much like the MAC219, though I dare say this is little smaller. It has become an indispensable tool for my eye makeup. I use it to define my outer-v and gently smoking it out. It's just an awesome tool to work with darker colours to define the crease. Some people also love using this to smudge eyeliner for an instant smokey eye, or to line the lower lashlines. It's soft, doesn't shed, and so far has stayed in shape even after so many washes. This is one of my HG (holy grail) tools. And it's cheap!! Available at CVS.com.

2. Jordana Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in Lovely.
I got this from Shins (also available from Sasa) for RM17.90. My favourite Youtube Beauty Guru raved about this gloss, and I was delighted to find this at a local beauty supply store. I bought 2 colours: Sweet - a pale metallic pink, too metallic that washed me out completely! And this shade, Lovely - beautiful rose colour, also metallic. I don't normally wear metallics well, but the shimmer in Lovely is not as stark as in Sweet. I have quite pigmented lips, and this colour compliments me almost instantly! It's not too dark, nor is it too red, or neutral. You know I'm wearing a coloured gloss but the colour is not in your face, if you know what I mean. This was such a great buy!!

3. ELF Studio Contouring & Bronzing Powder .
I've had this for a while, but when you have so many other stuff, that one great product is forgotten. I am so glad I dug this back up again! This is such a great duo for traveling. You get one shade for bronzing (though it may be too dark for pale skin) and a beautiful peachy pink blush. Even for me with a NC40-42 skin tone, I use a light hand with the bronzer, but the blush side gives me a nice iridescent glow. It doesn't show much colour on me, but it's still a nice blush to wear. And it's only for $3!! Talk about a steal!! You can purchase this from eyeslipsface.com.

4. Everyday Minerals Concealer in Abbott's Perk Me Up.
This is kinda a salmony/peachy concealer that works great with bluish under eye circles. My bags and circles are a permanent fixture on my face. Have always had them, despite the amount of money I spent on so many eye creams to get rid of them. I have deep-set eyes, so the bags and circles are part of the package. Doesn't help that I spent years sleeping at odd hours and having to wake up at 4.30am for work. The abuse my eyes have gone through!! I have given up spending my energy and money to get rid of them, so my best bet is a concealer. Typically, powdered concealer dries my under eye area and highlights my fine lines, but I use this concealer over a liquid concealer to set. It doesn't completely eliminate the darkness, but it definitely minimises them. At least now, friends don't say I look tired anymore even after I've had 8-hours sleep! I have this in sample size and it's more than enough. You can find this at everydayminerals.com. They don't ship to Malaysia anymore, but there are a few people on Lowyat.net carrying sprees who can bring the stuff in via Singapore.

5. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.
This is a translucent finishing powder that also can be used prior to your mineral foundation application. Does a fab job at controlling oil and setting your makeup. I love using this after I've done everything to my face: bronzer, blush, lipstick, eye shadow, mascara etc., and I'll dust this over to finish. It's so light yet comfortable, and your makeup stays in place. Some people are allergic to Bare Minerals but have no issues with their Mineral Veil. I also sometimes use this on its own. Bare Minerals can be found at Shins for ridiculous money, alternatively you can purchase this at ulta.com.


Here's celebrating the end of July, and hel-lo August!

xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: