Friday, July 17, 2009

Beauty Binge:Makeup of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Makeup of the Week.

I've been meaning to use this oh-so-colourful palette for so long, but kept getting side-tracked with other things. Finally, this week, I've managed to put together a colourful look which I loved!

This, my dah-lings, is the kind of palette that makes Puss purrs in excitement... Look at the colours! So vivid and gorgeous!! In real life, they are quite metallic, but to my surprise, the glitters are not as chunky as I thought they would be. You still get shimmer, but not to a point where you look over-done. I used all the colours in this palette except for the blue, and
to define my crease, I had to use a black shadow from Loreal HiP Duo Metallic in Platinum (my least favourite from the metallic line, but the black is awesome!).

Oh, in case your wondering, this is another cheapo palette ( 'coz I'm a cheapo cat!!) - LA Colours in Tease. The colours do tend to flake so pat instead of swiping the colours on the lids.

My Gawd, how I *love* these 'traffic light' colours!! LOL!


LA Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Tease

I got this from Nonpareilboutique.com for about $3. If you live in the US, you can also find this at the Dollar Store if your lucky. They come in an array of colours, and they're so fun to use!


Face
Primer: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-gel (this stuff rocks!).
Concealer: ELF All-over Cover Stick in Light for undereyes.
Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral-enriched in 202 Nude.
Powder: N.Y.C Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent to set; Wet n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze as a light dusting all over face to finish.


Cheeks
Bronzer: Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze to highlight.
Contour & Blush: ELF Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Duo.


Eyes
Eye primer: ELF Studio eye primer.
Eyes: ELF cream shadow duo in Olive as base (dark green); Loreal HiP Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum - black colour to define crease smoking it out a bit; LA Colors in Tease - spring green (far right) on lids and to line inner lower lashlines, bright pink (middle) as a wash above crease blending a little with the black, orange copper (2nd from left) to highlight, yellow gold (far left) under the peak of brows as added highlight; Revlon ColourStay liquid liner in Blackest Black to line upper lashlines; Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner in Black to tightline; SilkyGirl Long-wearing eyeliner in Black Brown to line outer part of lower lashlines.
Mascara: Loreal HiP High Drama mascara in Ultimate Blue Black.
Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.


Lips
Lips: MAC Plushglass in Fullfilled (very sheer with a *hint* of pink).



I liked how this look turned out! The green is such a beautiful spring green, and the bright pink turned plum when I blend it out with the black on top of the crease. It instantly warmed up the whole look!

I'm having drinks with friends tonight. Maybe I'll wear this look ...

:D


Have a good one!!


xoxo,
puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: