Friday, July 10, 2009

Beauty Binge:Makeup of the Week

I don't do FOTDs or EOTDs, but I thought I'd pick one look from the week that I liked and list down the products I used in Makeup of the Week.

I was down with allergies this week.

Every now and then, I'd suddenly be allergic to my cats (!!!) and my eyes would itch so badly that I'll scratch 'till they swell like pillows. So for a few days, my eyes were so watery and puffy. I also ran out of antihistemanines, I didn't bother stocking up, and I keep forgetting to tell Husband J to get some for me, much to his dismay. He kept saying, "How can you go through the day looking like that?? People are going to think I made you cry!!" My eyes subsided but the terrible itch would hit me every once in a while. This is the main reason why my lids and eye area are wrinkly - it's from the tugging and pulling all these years!

However, earlier in the week, I took out my Ulta single shadows as they have been sitting in my makeup drawers for months, untouched. This is why I avoid buying single shadows, I hardly ever use them. But Ulta shadows are so lovely - they are soft, silky and have gorgeous
colour pay-off. The pans are huge, so you have plenty of colour to play with! They generally run for $7 each. Sometimes you can buy them on BOGO, or for sale at $3 each at Ulta.com. I've read that some of them are a bit gritty and hard, but the ones I have are such a joy to use. They're worth a try!! If you do a bit of research, you can even find MAC dupes in them too!

Chestnut. Aztec gold. Silk.

My favourite look this week was dark eyes, dark-ish lips. Not as intense as it sounds though, but definitely not neutral!! The rest of the week, I was hiding behind my sunnies! Pfft!

Face
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC35 with MAC Fix+.
Concealer: ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in Light.
Powder: Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze all over face to finish.

Cheeks
Bronzer: Loreal Glam Bronze in Caribbean Sun as light dusting on parts of face where the sun naturally hits; Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze to highlight.
Blush: The Body Shop Blush in Spice (discontinued) to contour; MAC Blush in Cubic on apples.

Eyes
Eye Primer: Loreal Decrease.
Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as base; Ulta single shadows: Silk
(far right) as highlight and tearduct area, Aztec Gold (middle) on lids and on lower lashlines, Chestnut (far left) to define crease; Femme Couture liquid liner in Brown to line upper lashlines; MaryKay eyeliner pencil in Black to tightline.
Mascara: CG Lash Blast in Very Black.

Brows: Loreal Brow Stylist in Light Brown.

Lips
Lips: ELF Mineral Lipstick in Prime Plum; Jordana Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in Lovely.

I was hoping this lipstick-gloss combo would be darker, as ELF's Prime Plum looks dark in the tube, but the combination came out quite natural-but-better on me! I have pigmented lips - more of a plum colour, so this didn't come out looking goth-like.

I like this particular Jordana lipgloss, it's metallic but the shimmer is not so bold as to wash me out. The texture's not so sticky, but pretty long-wearing, much to my surprise. This shade is perfect for my pigmented lips too! You can find Jordana Pretty Shine glosses for RM17.90 at Sasa or Shin's.

My eyes are not so puffed up today which is great news, as I am going out to paint the town red, green and yellow with the gurls tonight! Yaay!

Hope you'll have a fun weekend!


xoxo,

puss.inheels@yahoo.com

0 comments: