Friday, May 30, 2008

A week of sorts

may 30, 08 friday
Another week has gone by. And this week hasn't been all that uneventful. Plus, it brings us to the end of May.

Besides the sty (read last blog), let me run down in brief how the week went...

The other boys (trainers) at the gym also noticed the mat salleh (read past blog) has been openly checking me out. So what did his trainer do? Introduced us, very casually. So now I know his name, and what he does for a living. I find it flattering. I mean, c'mon! I'm closing in on the big 4-0 and some dude finds me hot?? I text husband J: ugly white guy ogling at your wife. Husband's reply: Blow him a kiss. I showed husband J's reply to Trainer Ela. He burst out laughing. Hmm. During my last session, I noticed the mat salleh at the gym was still ogling, but a little more controlled. He looked flustered. I think he knows the boys are teasing him. Well, at least my time at the gym this week was a bit of a lark...and not so mundane.

Moving on...

The buzz with my aging neighbours was the fence between my house and my right-side neighbour and my neighbour living behind me was violated. There were holes made so that whoever can slid in and out. Husband J has managed to fix the fence but these days we're a bit more vigilant with locking doors and windows. Nothing was taken or vandalised and we hope nothing will happen ever. These are tough times we live in. Malaysia is a faaaar cry from what it was 10, 15 years ago.

Had a huuuuge fight with husband J, something worth writing about! But, I won't dish details! I was so determined not to speak to him for a few days, but the next night, my heart melted when I saw husband J curled in bed, lights off at 8:30pm!! Auwwww! And he said he had a miserable day! Auwwwww! I just could not stay mad any longer. So, the 'cold war' ended. My life would be so meaningless without this man!

Work was as painful. This week, more than any other weeks, I was incredibly tired. Getting up in the (very early!) morning has been harder than ever. I get to work, I sit in the car for 5 minutes before dragging myself to the studio, and spent the whole 6 am hour with my head on the table (most of the hour is usually recorded. Gotta love technology!!). It's hard being at work. It's even harder pretending you're having a good time doing the show, when the truth is your heart isn't in it anymore. The topline survey results came out. We lost 50,000 listeners, which isn't a huge amount, but we slipped back to no. 3 from no. 2. Honestly, I was happy we slipped. Proved my point that we suck. And I hope the station will eventually die. Hah! Wishful thinking...

Still no sign of 'Auntie Flow'. Body still uncomfortable... Still aching...

Got my first ipod. I know, I'm a little left behind...Oh! Well! I'm not a gadget chick at all. Husband J received a free piece from his 'team building' trip to Langkawi. He already has one-bigger, better, cooler. Naturally...*eyes rolling* So what did the good husband do, give the new ipod to wife! It's tiny, I can clip it on my collar. But it's only 1 GB. Yeah! Like that means anything to me. So we spent half the night downloading songs I wanted to upload onto my small ipod, and so far I think I have like 26 songs. I'm not a huge fan of music (and I work in radio!), so I'm not too fussed about putting in more songs. I doubt I'll use the ipod often, like I see most people do.

Oh yes. The Mac iBook husband J passed on to me? It died. It had problems charging, so we took it to the shop, and a week later, the shop told us we have to pay RM3,000 to fix the motherboard (which was the reason why it couldn't charge properly). So we said "no thanks", brought it home, and now we couldn't charge at all!! Aaarrrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!

Wrapped up the work week with a mean plate of rissolles, the great Australian dish. Or so husband J claims... But damn! I make awesome rissolles! He he...

0 comments: