Saturday, June 14, 2008

Closing a huge chapter

june 14, 08 saturday
The time has finally arrived. Actually it came and went. Yesterday was my last day on-air. It was bitter sweet, but I held back from tearing up. The team did a montage of each of them saying what they would miss about me, which took me by surprise. It was like a greeting card on-air, and it was lovely. It was only at the end of the show did we announce it was my last day, and I didn't stay around to take the calls that were flooding in to say "good bye" to me.

The response overwhelmed me a bit. I spent the entire afternoon chatting with fans on Facebook, and replying to messages from shocked friends and fans. But I know, I will be a faceless nobody in less than a month. So I am soaking in all this "buzz" at the moment.

My last 'physical' day at work is this Tuesday. I need to run around to get 15 signatures from people in departments I didn't know existed. The thought tires me. I also need to sort out the kerfuffle with my review bonus. For some reason that has turned into something else altogether, and it started out as just as an administrative error. It is very frustrating! p

Other than that, it still hasn't kicked in yet, the fact I have resigned, and for the first time in my 13-year career span, I am not financially independent anymore. That thought makes me a little nervous.

I still haven't decided what I am going to do. I had so many plans before I quit, but now, all I want to do is lay in bed and go to the gym, and lay in bed! I hope I'll figure it out soon.

But what got me yesterday was when husband J who took me out for a 'celebration', told me he is proud of me. I know he struggles with the fact I have resigned and that he's the sole breadwinner now. So for him to tell me he's proud of me is priceless. Y

0 comments: