Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby Buzz: Stork Story

It seemed like a gazillion years since I wrote anything, but looking back, it hasn't been that long has it?? OK, yes it has. To say that I've been wrapped up with things and issues is an understatement.

Truth is, the Stork came a-knockin'...

Seeing that I am 16 weeks today (4 months for those of us too lazy to do the Math), I am well into my 2nd trimester, and am having a stable and healthy pregnancy, God willing. Yes, Puss got knocked up at the ripe ol' age of 38!! This is my first, and my Husband J and I were initially surprised, but immensely thrilled!

I've been quite fortunate - my early pregnancy symptoms were very mild. A little bit of aches and pains (although at the time they hit me it didn't feel so 'mild'!), a lot of napping and a little nausea to seal the deal. Now at 4 months, the out-of-control hormones have pretty much settled down, and I am finally beginning to enjoy my pregnancy.

These past couple of weeks, I've had to put up with toothache (and you know how miserable those can be!), which I found out was due to lack of calcium, despite taking calcium pills. My bub was sucking out calcium from me and I immediately had to go out to buy a tin of milk for pregnant mums. I h.a.t.e milk. I love cheese but they make me bloat like a mutha, so I had to suck it up, and drink milk. Thank Goodness the one I bought had a bit of flavour so it wasn't a chore chugging a glass down. The toothache issue has improved and I am waiting with abated breath the next big annoying thing to hit me!
At 4 months, I have just started to feel the weight of my belly. I'm also starting to show which I find so amusing! Not too long ago, I would freak if I see a little bump! I'd adjust my diet and work out like mad at the gym! These days, my bump is what makes me smile. My friends tell me I don't look like I'm showing much which I'm glad. I just hope I don't get so big later on. My wardrobe has also changed. No more skinny jeans. Seems trivial but I miss putting on my skinnies and heels!! I am soooo hating my wardrobe right now! *sulk*

Speaking of working out, that has been put on hold ever since I found out 2 months ago. My life without exercise has been one. big. laze-about! I feel sooooo sloooow and I can't wait to get back to the gym. My trainer Ela has equipped himself with information on pregnancy exercise programmes so when I go back I can enjoy a safe and effective workout. I can't wait!! That will happen only after my Phuket trip next weekend! (Yay for holidays!)

Makeup-wise, I am starting slowly to have makeup on again. You wouldn't believe it, but during the 1st trimester when body wasn't feeling so great, I looked like a train-wreck wherever I went, and I didn't care!! No makeup, no lip balm, nothing. You hear stories on how some pregnant women would have strange sickness. Well, mine was makeup! I would feel sick looking at my cosmetic stash, even looking at anything beauty related! So for a few weeks, I had no beauty mags, no beauty blogs, no YouTube beauty videos and definitely no makeup of my own! Thank Gawd that passed!! These days, I stick with my minerals and nothing elaborate: mineral foundie, concealer, tightline, mascara, blush and lipblam. No eyeshadows yet. Gotta start slow. The colours are not calling out my name yet, but it'll come. My skin has improved as well (Darn those pregnancy hormones!) so I look and feel better. Friends say now I have that "glow" many people talk about with pregnant women (though I don't notice it!).

So this is my story. Not that I have sworn off makeup (touch wooooood!), but the universe had other plans for me. I am grateful for this blessing, despite constantly grumbling about my fugly wardrobe (!!!). I just pray this will continue to be a normal and healthy pregnancy.

Thank you for still wanting to read this. Makeup reviews will resume (albeit infrequently - blame those unpredictable pregnancy hormones!!).

xoxo,
PUSS

puss.inheels@yahoo.com

5 comments:

plue said...

congratulations puss!

a little kitten coming soon! :D tee hee! do take care kay? *hugs*

Connie De Alwis said...

OMG!!! congrats!! :D I wish you and your baby the best of health. WOW!

You know, for the past few weeks I've been so bummed thinking that we've lost a great beauty blogger (true blue Malaysian ones are hard to come by!)and I'm actually very relieved knowing that you'll be back and you haven't totally lost the passion for makeup :)

Congrats again! and I look forward to your future posts

Snow falling said...

hee~ Have been following your blog. And am currently in my 16th week as well. lol.

I totally understand how you felt during the 1st trimester. I practically stayed off make up unless its for events/functions I had to attend. Just no mood to put them on, no mood to follow the make up trends and to fiddle around with them.

Anyway..Congrats to you !~ Take care!~

nia said...

congrats~ :)

puss.in.heels said...

Thank you all. I am chugging along nicely at 17 weeks at the mo. I must apologize for not posting as frequently as I used to but I hope to get back into the swing of things soon. Thank you for being so patient and most of all for your kind support. xoxo